Bangkok Nana Paza nightlife bars and bargirls
Patpong, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy
These are the famous entertainment places in Bangkok, Thailand, that draw visitors by the thousands. Get an overview of the popular bars. See where the action is and come and join the crowd.
At Nana Plaza we cover the well known bars and the bar girls, such as : the Rainbow bars, Hollywood Rock, Hollywood Strip, Playskool, Voodoo, G-spot, Rock Hard, Silver Dragon, Mandarin, Carnival etc. Nana Plaza is a great favorite with tourists and short-time visitors, and has possibly become the most visited nightlife area in Bangkok.
The go-go bar is an institution of Bangkok’s « naughty nightlife ». In a typical go-go, several dozen dancers in bikinis (or less) crowd the stage, shuffling back and forth to loud music and trying to catch the eye of punters in the audience. Some (but not all) also put on shows where girls perform on stage, but these are generally tamer than you’d expect — nudity, for example, is technically forbidden. In a beer bar, there are no stages and the girls are wearing street clothes.
Some simple rules of etiquette to follow in a go-go bar:
- A drink in your hand is required at all times. Most places charge around 100-150 baht for most drinks.
- Lady drinks cost a little more and earn you the privilege of chatting with the lady/gent of your choice for a while.
- Taking a dancer out of his/her place of employment before closing time will cost you a bar fine of around 600 baht. This is the bar’s share, the rest is up to you two.
- No photos inside. If you’re lucky, you’ll merely have your camera confiscated, but you also stand a fair chance of getting beaten up for your trouble.
- Look, but don’t touch (unless invited to). Getting too frisky will get you kicked out.
- Bring along your passport. Police raids are not uncommon and you’re off to the police staton for the night if you can’t produce one on demand.
As go-go bars close around 02:00, there are so-called after-hour clubs that stay open till the sun gets up. They are not hard to find — just hop in a taxi. Taxi drivers are eager to drive you there, as they get a hefty commission from club owners to bring you to them — you might even get the ride for free. These clubs generally feel grim and edgy, and there are so-called « freelancers » among the girls (prostitutes). Some well-known after-hour clubs include Bossy Club in Pratunam, Spicy Club near Siam Square and the always famous Thermae on Sukhumvit between sois 15 and 17 in the basement underneath the Ruamchit short time hotel.
Bangkok is known for its go-go bars and the prostitution that comes along with it. Technically, some aspects of prostitution are illegal (eg. soliciting, pimping), but enforcement is rare, and brothels are common. It’s not illegal to pay for sex or to pay a « barfine » (a fee the bar collects if you want to take an employee away).
Many hotels retain the ID cards of prostitutes for the duration of their visit. Whilst most prostitutes are employed by bars or similar businesses, some are « freelancers ». Petty theft and other problems are more common with these freelancers. HIV and AIDS awareness is better than it used to be, but infection statistics among entertainment industry workers remain high; freelancers are the highest risk group. Almost all girls insist on using condoms.
More information about Thailand here : TheBestofThailand
Publié le octobre 10, 2012, dans Bangkok Thailande, Discover Thailand, Thailand Travel News, voyage thailande, et tagué bangkok, bangkok night live, beers bars, body massage, discover Thailand, girls, gogo bars, patong Beach, Pattaya, Phuket thailand, thai girls, thailand, Travel thailand. Bookmarquez ce permalien. Poster un commentaire.